She’s your first friend, your best friend, and your forever friend. But more importantly, she’s your mom. Whether you’re missing her right now or just feeling extra appreciative today, these quotes about motherly love from celebrities, books, and movies will definitely make you pick up the phone and call her.
1. A mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart a heart so large that everybody’s grief and everybody’s joy found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation. – By Mark Twain
2. A mother is a mother still, The holiest thing alive. – By Samuel Taylor Coleridge
3. Any success, generosity, kindness or character I have today is a direct result of having you as a Mom. Thanks.
4. A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. – By Irish Proverb
5. A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.- By Tenneva Jordan
6. A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.- By Dorothy Canfield Fisher
7. A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.- By Dorothy Canfield Fisher
8. A mother always understands what a child may not say.
9. When I’m feeling weak or ugly, I simply think of you, and I remember where I came from. Thanks, Mom
10. A suburban mother’s role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. – By Peter De Vries
11. And it came to me, and I knew what I had to have before my soul would rest. I wanted to belong to belong to my mother. And in return I wanted my mother to belong to me. – By Gloria Vanderbilt
12. All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. – By Abraham Lincoln
13. Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate. – By Charlotte Gray
14. Being a full- By time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love. – By Mildred B. Vermont
15. Great mothers build bridges instead of walls. – By Reed Markham